Interview Questions administrator

Best SharePoint administrator Interview Questions and Answers with topic wise:


Recycle Bin | MMS | ManagedVsCrawledProperties |

Monday, February 25, 2013

The service is unavailable in SharePoint: HTTP Error 503



I have changed the server administrator password and then restarted my machine. None of the site is working properly. Getting the below exception when I try to connect all of my SharePoint sites.  Here Administrator account is same as application pool account.
The application pool account password change functionality will work until unless if we do “IISReset” or restart the server.

Service Unavailable: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable in SharePoint
So, I went to “Inetmgr” and checked the application pools of all the sites. All the services were stopped. I restarted all the application pools and try to connect all of my SharePoint sites but getting same “Service Unavailable “exception again.
Finally I goggled it to get the cause of the exception. I found one good article about it.

Reason: Service Unavailable: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable error normally occurs whenever the password for application pool identity account is changed or application pools are in stopped state. This error may appear temporarily when you deploy solutions. In my case, I realized that password got changed for the Identity account. 

My sincere thanks to “Rajack’s

Note: So, guys please be aware of it before changing the “Application pool’ account password.

No comments:

Post a Comment