Interview Questions administrator

Best SharePoint administrator Interview Questions and Answers with topic wise:


Recycle Bin | MMS | ManagedVsCrawledProperties |

Saturday, October 20, 2012

SPContentDatabaseSequence cannot upgrade an object whose build version is too old


The Issue is: Sequence cannot upgrade an object whose build version [12.0.0.6421] is too old. Upgrade requires [14.0.4762.100] or higher:

Today I tried the migration of content database from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013. So, I have taken the backup of content database from SharePoint 2007 and restored it in SharePoint 2013 server and then I tried to attach the restored content database to the SharePoint 2013 web application but I got the below exception:
Sequence cannot upgrade an object whose build version [12.0.0.6421] is too old. Upgrade requires [14.0.4762.100] or higher:
   
I goggled it but I didn’t get any exact solution. Luckily I have SharePoint 2010 server also available. So I thought what will happen if we first migrate the same SharePoint 2007 content database to SharePoint 2010. I checked and migration it succeeded. First step is succeeded and then tried to migrate the same SharePoint 2010 to 2013.It is also went well. I got my solution but I feel my approached solution was wrong: So guys please help me on it.

-Thanks in Advance: Sasi Kumar Reddy

1 comment:

  1. Just in case anyone else comes across this.... the solution here is the correct one. there is not direct upgrade to 2013 from 2010. You need to go through 2010 first if you are doing a database attach upgrade.

    ReplyDelete